Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Am Encouraged!

Despite all the troublesome things we hear, read and see on a daily basis about our government and corporations there is still good news to be had. I have often complained that there is not enough shared about the good things happening in our world and that the good still outweighs the bad. So here is a note about the good.

For several years I have been a member of the College of Business Advisory Board at Idaho State University. I have not always been a good member (as measured by my attendance at meetings) of that Board but despite that they have allowed me to remain.

Last Friday I attended a meeting in conjunction with the University's graduation and met the outstanding graduates of the College. I was so impressed with the maturity, eagerness and intellect of this group. To have forged out degrees in one of the worst economies in history and to have done that in ways that distinguished their efforts is a great accomplishment.

Some of the students were bound for industry, others for international studies while one young man was heading home to run the family farming business. Regardless of their next steps these people represent the best of one College at a small University. More than that they represent a bright and powerful future for the organizations in which they will lead.

I am encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. Phil,
    Thanks for sharing that bright view of the future. We certainly experience the same thing daily at PCBS. Although our participants are a little older than college students, they are engaged, eager, and caring members of their communities wanting to make a positive change in the banking industry.

    ReplyDelete