Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Root Cause of Our Challenges

On Monday, I appeared on KTVB (Boise's local NBC affiliate) to announce the release of the book and to talk about the root cause of the many challenges we face today. (click here to watch the interview http://www.ktvb.com/news/business/itsyour/ ) My contention is that the challenges we face today are not economic, environmental, social or legal; they are challenges of character and leadership.


In the past few months as I have been sharing this notion with people I have yet to have anyone disagree with me. Of course, if this proposition is true then a significant portion of our organizational and national energy should be flowing into the understanding and development of both character and leadership.


The focus of that energy is why we released The Character of Leadership: An Ancient Model for a Quantum Age. I truly hope that the model spurs contemplation of character and its relationship with leadership and helps organizations grow and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment