Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whew! Mom Likes My Book

I am in Sun Valley, Idaho this weekend with our entire family to celebrate my mother's birthday. The weather is fantastic, cool mountain mornings mixed in the afternoons with a sun losings its summer intensity.

Last night we were just finishing up dinner and I was sitting next to my mom, she leaned over and quietly said, "I really like your book, it is very good."It had not occurred to me how important it was to hear those words from someone I care so much about.

Just like leaders who have great influence over their team members my mom shared and important supporting comment at just the right time. Her simple words of endorsement provided energy to me. Leaders have the same opportunity to provide caring words that instill hope and courage in their team members.

No comments:

Post a Comment