Sunday, September 6, 2009

Consulting to Cross-Stitch

I had a marvelous spectrum of reactions to the book this week. In the process of getting the word out about the release of The Character of Leadership: An Ancient Model for a Quantum Age I sent an e-mail to my former bank colleagues. Immediately after sending that note my phone rang and it was one of my former colleagues letting me know how excited he was to see the re-entry of character in leadership discussions. We chatted about our mutual interest and even talked in general terms about consulting engagements.


After finishing that call, the phone rang again and this time the caller was a woman who wanted to acquire the list of character traits I had mentioned during a television interview earlier in the week. I was happy to point her to www.characterofleaderhip.com as a good source for the information she sought. She went on to tell me that she wanted the list so she could put them in a cross-stitch for her grand children.


I was stunned that in less than 15 minutes there was a range of validation for the character model that ran from consulting to cross-stitch. Although it is dangerous to use a sample of two to reach a conclusion, I am heartened that our new book will energize a conversation about character in leadership.

4 comments:

  1. Phil:
    what a wonderful spectrum... truly "mixed multi-media"... definitely shows the overall reach of these core character traits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    You are so right. When putting the book together I underestimated how the model and the subject would resonate intuitively with people. Even during a recent television interview the interviewer kept nodding her head in agreement.

    I so want to get this work into many people's hands to see if we can create a ground swell of discussion about character and leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil,
    I have just ordered your book online (plus one for a friend) and looking forward to reading it soon. Your observation of character and leadership as the most important challenges we face today are well taken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a "grandmom," if I commit something to cross stitch, you can be sure it's an important lesson I want to pass on. . .I love this story Phil

    ReplyDelete